The most recent episode of the ABA Banking Journal Podcast continues a pre-Thanksgiving custom by interviewing the winners of ABA’s 2020 Community Commitment Awards. Every interview explores the successful program or initiative at every financial institution and supplies insights on how they is likely to be carried out or tailored at different banks. These tales current the proper inspiration as we put together for the season of thanks and giving.
The complete episode presents excerpts from every interview. To take heed to the complete dialog with every Neighborhood Dedication Award winner, click on on the hyperlinks under.
- Affordable housing: Joseph Hernandez, SVP and CRA officer, TIAA Financial institution, Jacksonville, Florida.
- Community and economic development: Ira Robbins, president and CEO, Valley Financial institution, Wayne, New Jersey.
- Economic inclusion: Tom Kenning, CAO, Alpine Financial institution, Glenwood Springs, Colorado.
- Financial education: Kenneth Pabón Astor, coordinator, Finanzas en Tus Manos, Banco Common, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Protecting older Americans: Lesley Palmer, managing director, group relations, and Casey Waltz, govt director, social media and digital technique, Mizuho Americas, New York Metropolis; and Jeremy Kaplan, govt director, Encore Neighborhood Providers.
- Supporting military families: Sammy Stuard, president and CEO, and Charlie Koon, VP and director of navy and company enterprise improvement, F&M Financial institution, Clarksville, Tennessee.
- Volunteerism: Jim Vaccaro, president and CEO, Manasquan Financial institution, Wall, New Jersey.
In the event you can’t see the participant above, click here to take heed to this episode.