LOS ANGELES (AP) — Former CNN discuss present host Larry King has been hospitalized with COVID-19 for greater than per week, the information channel reported Saturday.
Citing an unidentified particular person near the household, CNN mentioned the 87-year-old King is present process therapy at Cedars-Sinai Medical Middle in Los Angeles.
Hospital protocols have saved King’s relations from visiting him.
The Peabody Award-winning broadcaster was amongst America’s most outstanding interviewers of celebrities, presidents and different newsmakers throughout a half-century profession that included 25 years with a nightly present on CNN.
He has had medical points in latest many years, together with coronary heart assaults and diagnoses of diabetes and lung most cancers.
Final 12 months, King misplaced two of his 5 youngsters inside weeks of one another. Son Andy King died of a coronary heart assault at 65 in August, and daughter Chaia King died from lung most cancers at 51 in July, Larry King mentioned then in an announcement.
Extra health care and Big Pharma coverage from Fortune:
- The COVID-19 vaccine rollout is dangerously flawed. Science and data could fix it
- These Asian nations have masterfully restricted COVID outbreaks. Right here’s how they did it
- COVID vaccine recipients may still be infectious. When will we all know for positive?
- COVID vaccine allergies are elevating considerations. Most Individuals ought to nonetheless get their photographs
- What to learn about the CDC’s new COVID vaccine guidance for individuals with well being situations